We are very excited to announce that a new version of Lightstreamer is now publicly available for download.
WHAT'S NEWLightstreamer Server 5.1 contains several improvements:
- Improved performance when parsing client requests (for both HTTP and WebSockets).
- Optimization of the sendMessage facility over WebSockets. Extension of both the Monitor Console and the JMX interface to provide stats on the messages received from clients.
- Increase in the degree of asynchronous behavior of the Adapter interfaces, now enabling blocking implementations. In particular, the locking policy and the sequentialization constraint on the invocation of the "notifyNewTables" and "notifyTablesClose" callbacks have been relieved. This applies to all the Adapter interfaces (Java, .NET, and Adapter Remoting Infrastructure). Read more on this new behavior...
- Facility to automatically upload audit logs (for paid versions with Site licenses).
- Several bug fixes.
Lightstreamer WinRT Client API 1.0 is a brand new SDK for developing real-time applications based on Microsoft Windows Runtime (WinRT) architecture for the Windows 8 operating system. A native WinRT library is provided, together with full API reference and a working example, which is also available from the Windows Store.
Lightstreamer iOS Client API 1.2 contains a brand new threading model and other improvements:
- Now the library makes use of dynamic thread pools, for better performance and smaller memory footprint.
- Code optimized for iPhone 5 chipset (armv7s) has been included.
- Some bug fixes.
HOW TO UPGRADEAs always, you can upgrade your servers and your clients independently. You should upgrade the servers first, as Lightstreamer Server 5.1 is compatible with all older client libraries. Then you can upgrade the client libraries.
If you have a paid version of Lightstreamer (Allegro, Presto, or Vivace) and you have a valid support and maintenance agreement in place, you can get your new license keys by contacting email@example.com. You can download the Lightstreamer 5.1 package from www.lightstreamer.com/download, after reading and agreeing to the updated Software License Agreement.
If you have the free version of Lightstreamer (Moderato) you don't need any license key. You can download the Lightstreamer 5.1 Moderato package from www.lightstreamer.com/download, after reading and agreeing to the updated Software License Agreement.
If you have an existing installation of Lightstreamer (either 4.x or 5.0), we suggest to do a fresh install of Lightstreamer 5.1, then: